Coverage Dates: 1989 - Present
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, via LexisNexis Academic, has the full text of articles--no graphics or advertisements, from January 1, 1989 to present. Access to freelance articles and other features within this publication may not be available. The paper was founded December 12, 1878 (Coverage indexed in this database begins January 1, 1989) and is a morning newspaper. It provides local, national and international coverage.The library also has:
- Microfilm copies (Jan. 2, 1879 - Apr. 30, 2010)
- Digital microfilm copies via ProQuest Digital Microfilm (starting in 2008).
- Paper copies (kept only until the digital microfilm updates)
- Some articles (especially current ones) may be available via the St. Louis Post-Dispatch web site http://www.stltoday.com.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Newspaper Archives: starting in 1874 (UMSL does not have access to their online archives, but one can use their indexing to find items in the microfilm and digital microfilm collections)
- Print indexes: 1975-Nov. 1978, 1979, 1980-1985 and 1986-2014
Your local public library may also have access to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in other formats.