Access limited to 5 simultaneous users
Description: Naxos Music Library [NML] offers streaming access to more than 100,000 CDs and nearly two million tracks of both standard and rare repertoire. Over 800 new CDs are added to the library every month.
The library offers the complete Naxos and Marco Polo catalogues plus the complete catalogues or selected titles from hundreds of record labels, with more labels joining every month. While focusing primarily on classical music, jazz, world, and pop/rock are also represented.
The contents can be searched by composer, work, genre and label; by keyword search; and by a sophisticated advanced search engine with up to 11 combined search criteria. Listeners can create personalized playlists or use predefined Naxos Music Library playlists.Furthermore, a vast array of background information is available. Resources include:
- Liner notes for many recordings
- Audio book transcriptions about the history of classical music and opera with listening examples
- Libretti and synopses of over 700 operas
- A pronunciation guide for composer and artist names
- A glossary
- An overview of important musical terms
- Work analyses
- Work details with instrumentation, publishers, duration, other information and available recordings
- Classical music podcasts
Access is limited to 5 simultaneous users. Due to the limited number of users, the service will time out after four minutes of inactivity. When you are finished, please close out of the Naxos Music Library so others can use the service.
Trying to access Naxos from off-campus using direct links?
Make sure any links begin with
You can also use the UMSL VPN to access the campus network (in which can you do not need to add the ezproxy prefix to the URL). See this page for more information.